Let's face it, Google Chrome is one of the more exciting developments in the world of computing since the launch of Windows XP.
The only out of the blocks factor that I didn't like was the colour of the interface. It looks like something that was drawn & coloured by a group or four year olds with a box of crayons.
Skin Chrome to look like Vista (Very easy to do) Works for XP too
There are two shades of black to choose from. & you can download both from [ link ]
They’re just 2 DLL files, one light black & one dark black. Use whichever DLL file you want by replacing the existing one in Chrome.
If you open Windows Explorer & type/paste the string (below) into the Address Bar it will take you directly to the folder with the dll file on your system (just copy & paste the string).
NOTE: This string is dependent on the version of Chrome you have installed. Chrome creates a second set of folders in the Explorer structure tree when you apply an upgrade, the black DLL needs to be placed in the most current one.
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application data\Google\Chrome\Application\0.2.149.30\Themes
Now replace the existing Default.dll with your chosen Black Default.dll (Backup the original if you wish, but it's not really necessary).
Chrome Portable (for Pen Drives) released:
Available HERE: [ link ]
Good article on Chrome:
[ link ]
Google Chrome Enhancement:
(No comments made)
Write a comment
List of my blog entries
- A whole new meaning to acappella: (15 Apr 2009)
- Curiosity (14 Apr 2009)
- It's Just Cool! (19 Mar 2009)
- Question. (28 Feb 2009)
- The PC Repair Man from Hell. (21 Feb 2009)
- History Lesson: (09 Dec 2008)
- The Six Affairs: (15 Nov 2008)
- Don't you just love it? (26 Oct 2008)
- Microsoft's Crazy Facts (23 Oct 2008)
- What happens when I die? (19 Oct 2008)
- The Cost of a Miracle. (09 Oct 2008)
- What’s unusual about this paragraph? (08 Oct 2008)
- Google are at it again! (08 Oct 2008)
- Are my software programs up to date? (01 Oct 2008)
- Interview with God. (01 Oct 2008)
- Little Tommy’s Confession (01 Oct 2008)
- How Poor People Live (30 Sep 2008)
- Holy Mother. (30 Sep 2008)
- Dictionary (30 Sep 2008)
- I’m Very Well Thank You (26 Sep 2008)
- Modern Day Stork Story. (25 Sep 2008)
- An Irish Mother (24 Sep 2008)
- BILL GATES V GENERAL MOTORS. (21 Sep 2008)
- Silent Treatment (17 Sep 2008)
- Broadband Back Then (09 Sep 2008)
- Is it murder or suicide? (05 Sep 2008)
- Hotel Bill (04 Sep 2008)
- Popping Popcorn With Cell Phones - Fiction! (02 Sep 2008)
- My Name Is Pride. (31 Aug 2008)
- Junior Cert. (29 Aug 2008)