My name is pride.
I have been around since the beginning of time. I have caused wars and chaos.
Lifestyles have been altered in my name. Relationships have broken down because of me.
Children have lost the love of mothers because so often I came first in mother’s eyes.
Many people hold tight to me, keep me safe in their hearts. Holy men called me a sin, only to be ignored by their followers.
I lurk in the dark abyss of human nature, waiting on my opportunity to emerge. When I do people suffer, for I am the tool, which pierces the human spirit.
You will find me at the artist’s easel, at executive meetings, in the school halls, anywhere to find people.
You will find me even inside children. When you hear children saying “Mine is bigger than yours” , “Mine is better than yours” then be sure that I am there.
When young girls look into mirrors they see me looking back.
Men in high places abuse me, to the point of stupidity. I can be obvious or subtle.
You may very well not recognize me in yourself, but be sure of one thing. I am there, waiting for my opportunity to get out.
My exit is through YOUR ego.
PRIDE: - A high or overbearing opinion of ones worth or importance.
My Name Is Pride.
My name is pride.
(No comments made)
Write a comment
List of my blog entries
- A whole new meaning to acappella: (15 Apr 2009)
- Curiosity (14 Apr 2009)
- It's Just Cool! (19 Mar 2009)
- Question. (28 Feb 2009)
- The PC Repair Man from Hell. (21 Feb 2009)
- History Lesson: (09 Dec 2008)
- The Six Affairs: (15 Nov 2008)
- Don't you just love it? (26 Oct 2008)
- Microsoft's Crazy Facts (23 Oct 2008)
- What happens when I die? (19 Oct 2008)
- The Cost of a Miracle. (09 Oct 2008)
- What’s unusual about this paragraph? (08 Oct 2008)
- Google are at it again! (08 Oct 2008)
- Are my software programs up to date? (01 Oct 2008)
- Interview with God. (01 Oct 2008)
- Little Tommy’s Confession (01 Oct 2008)
- How Poor People Live (30 Sep 2008)
- Holy Mother. (30 Sep 2008)
- Dictionary (30 Sep 2008)
- I’m Very Well Thank You (26 Sep 2008)
- Modern Day Stork Story. (25 Sep 2008)
- An Irish Mother (24 Sep 2008)
- BILL GATES V GENERAL MOTORS. (21 Sep 2008)
- Silent Treatment (17 Sep 2008)
- Broadband Back Then (09 Sep 2008)
- Google Chrome Enhancement: (06 Sep 2008)
- Is it murder or suicide? (05 Sep 2008)
- Hotel Bill (04 Sep 2008)
- Popping Popcorn With Cell Phones - Fiction! (02 Sep 2008)
- Junior Cert. (29 Aug 2008)